Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Asylum Chic - Alcatraz


Alcatraz is actually an island in America, a prison for the most notorious criminals which operated from 1934 until 1963. The facilities in the island varied from operating room, to xray room, and even psych ward. That island is now a tourist spot, located at San Francisco Bay. Those facilities in Alcatraz are mostly open for tourists to see!

This post contain pictures that was taken while I was still in London. I have always been interested in asylum and crazed look of people with mental illness. In fact I have a hint of pride when anyone refer to me as crazy. So here it is I present it to you, the girl from the asylum of Alcatraz.



These looks like mug shots they took of each member in an institution ;p



In relevance to the prison environment in this post I added these electrocution scenes. These two pictures I took in Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum in London. When anyone pull down that black lever under the warning sign, that figure will seem to be electrocuted for execution purpose with a very very convincing sound effects! Notice the smokes, appealing additional feature.


I found the orange psych ward shirt in Camden Market, London, in case anyone is wondering.

Special thank you for my dear beautiful friend Guni who took pictures of me, visit her lovely lovely blog at artbyguni.blogspot.com

Cheers!

15 comments:

  1. ah I wish I had that shirt, would cause quite a scene on the morning bus haha.

    I'm a new follower :)

    themoodyteenager.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog! just followed back =)

      its a cute shirt heyy =) someone called out and told me that the police is lookin for me haha

      Delete
  2. Del, I think we have the same interest!! I also have that kind of 'interest' in people with mental illness. Idk why... even my bf scared of me bcause of that hahahaha


    AlvianaKalin
    viethefoodamateur
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join me and my psycho club vie!! your bf will be infected

      Delete
  3. Cool pictures <3

    I'm your new follower on GFC & Bloglovin! <3

    Lots of love: Pauline
    www.xpeachie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of love beautiful!

      Your have a cool and lovely blog! I enjoy following you back
      =)

      Delete
  4. wow what a rad shirt and cool photo!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    Win $300 to spend on Boticca on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tres chic, my dear! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow the shirt you wear is super rad! love it! xx

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds interesting!

    breepluse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you ever been to Alcatraz? I'm from SF so have been a bunch of times. You're definitely good with all of your Alcatraz trivia! It's a lot of fun! You should totally come. lol if you see people wearing those shirts in the bay area, it's totally normal, but I can see how it would be really weird anywhere else.

    Love the whole psycho look!

    thesarcasticwasian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for leaving a comment! Everytime you leave a comment you adopted a minion.

Leave a link so I can check out your page too!
Have a lovely dayy